Jeddah, a part of Saudi Arabia, is a city in the Hijaz Tihamah region on the coast of Red Sea and known as the major urban center of western Saudi Arabia. It is the largest city of Makkah Province, the largest sea port and the second largest city developed after the capital city, Riyadh. With a population of more than three million people, Jeddah is an important commercial hub too. For those who would like to know more about Jeddah, it would be interesting to know that it’s a shopper’s paradise.
It has over 90 shopping centers or malls, so there is always ongoing Entertainment in Jeddah. It is considered to be one of the most popular destinations for Saudis and millions of pilgrims arriving every year to visit Mecca. Looking at the population of the country, we can say that shopping is very popular there throughout the year without any cinemas, theatres or discotheques. Being an Islamic country, there are no pubs either.
Some places for entertainment in Jeddah
Jeddah has just about everything. With so much retail choice, it becomes difficult for us to decide which place we would get the best shopping experience. Well, I have never visited Jeddah before, but have read about it online and still try to explore more about the place. There are two of the biggest shopping centers in the city, one being the Red Sea Mall and the other is the Mall of Arabia.
The Red Sea Mall
- It has around 18 entrances, 4000 parking spaces with around three floors of huge space.
- These floors have numerous shops, restaurants and things for entertainment.
- Has a 5 star hotel “Elaf Jeddah” and a 7 storey office building attached to it.
- Famous stores like Virgin Megastore, Sparke’s Games City and the Danube Market are located here, which have a great selection of non-food items and international foods.
- Covers a space of 242,200 square meters of built area.
- Have the biggest indoor water fountain and the largest glass covered area.
Above were some high lights about the Red Sea Mall, now find some more facts about the other best shopping mall in Saudi Arabia that is “Mall of Arabia”
- Considered to be the largest shopping mall.
- Have around 330 stores and three floors of shops, restaurants and entertainment too.
- Modern development with a circular design.
- An excellent place to shop for clothes, home ware, services and entertainment.
- Offers free Wi-Fi services to the people and has baby changing stations in almost all the women restrooms.
Another recent discovery that I made while reading was that initially the Mall of Arabia had only two third of the stores opened for business. What struck me more about the place is the huge selection of shops and facilities such as Boots the Chemist, Ziddy (for clothing) and Gap Kids. You will find many shops selling a wide range of products from perfumes to electronics and clothes. Hence, the Mall of Arabia is considered to be the best shopping mall in Saudi Arabia since it is a good place to purchase small gifts like Saudi t-shirts, photo frames, shoes and mugs. You will also find huge super markets that sell a wide range of food items of various cuisines.
The Red Sea Mall had a number of stores, which have just begun their business, and are at an initial stage like F&F (Tesco’s first clothing store) and Billy Beez (a play ground for kids). It is quieter in the mornings but in the evening, this place has lots of hustles and bustles. If you are planning for a peaceful shopping experience, then my advice is that you visit these malls in the mornings.
To the best of my knowledge, from what I have read about Jeddah, it is the only place in Saudi Arabia that offers small selections that can be brought in bulk. There are however still many more malls apart from these that are becoming common cultural points. One of the most anticipated events in a shopping mall is that these malls offer products at discounted rates.
With this, people are able to save a lot of money. Sometimes, they have sale promotions, in a bid to attract people, such that people can shop late after their work or school. With everything that a shopping mall can offer, it is truly considered a place for shopping, fun and relaxation. No matter whatever the reason is, shopping malls have always been a favorite destination for many people.